Monday, February 28, 2011

Convincing Your Parents to Let You "Have Pocket Money"... Speeches

Pathos-

Do you remember the year 2008? When the new Ipod Touch arrived and I was unable to purchase the product due to insufficient funds from the lack of pocket money. My loving parents, I passionately believe that I should have weekly pocket money. This has occurred to me as a result of not having substantial funds when wanting to buy a PS3 game.

One reason for allowing me pocket money is that I would use the money responsibly. I would save my money for future needs but also invest it in items that I truly need.
I feel it is vital for me that I have weekly pocket money as my week, day in and day is packed with school work, sport and a social life and do not have time to work on top of this.

For these reasons I firmly believe that this is the right choice to make and that you trust me with the responsibility of having weekly pocket money.

Logos-

I believe that I should get weekly pocket money. Many reasons such as responsibly using my money, never having time to work and never being able to purchase the products that I need.

Firstly, I would be able to responsibly use my weekly pocket money by saving for the future and buying items that I generally need.
Secondly, I rarely have time to work or earn money as my week is full with school work, sport and responsibilities such as going to Church and chores around the house.
Finally, I am never able to purchase the products that I need due to lack of income.

Overall, having weekly pocket money would be highly beneficial from the reasons that I have just stated.

Ethos- Mum and Dad I believe that I should be able to get weekly pocket money. I have done extensive research on the topic and have concluded to the fact that having weekly pocket money would be highly beneficial to my life. It would make my life easier when wanting to go out and hang with my friends.


2 comments:

  1. i like the first two expessley (don't comment) the pathos one )is'nt ethos a LITTLE bit short

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe that you should use your logos speech because it is a longer speech than your others and that is fits what a logos speech should be, using facts to illustrate your need for pocket money

    ReplyDelete